Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ANGUISH. I'm rolling along the check list of this weeks goals fine until I tackle the ever present scrolling problem. I have been trying to get to this to work for, seriously, 8 months. Fuck!

When fox goes up, background must go down, and vice versa. Oh, and when fox decends to mid ground again, the background must return to the default position. One of my main troubles in achieving success is that the background symbol is not where flash says it is. Normally, when you click an object on the stage, properties will give you the x and y coordinates of said object. But! For the background symbol, properties tells me a lie. A value not even conceivable. And when typed into action script, it changes the whole dang dealy. Why the lie? Why? If I type the exact coordinates into the action script as the starting position for the level, the symbol flies off into no mans' land as soon as I test the file. I wasted 3 hours on this this morning and achieved zip. This process has always been predominantly trial and error, but today was entirely the latter. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment