Sunday, October 10, 2010

okay so I've made the decision that KitRun is crossing the line with me. Now I'm Running CS3! still outdated, but def an overdue update from MX. Dang.

Today I discovered that the victory song doesnt stutter when it's called if I don't tell the level 1 background music to stop. They play perfectly and happily on top of eachother, but its painful to the ears indeed.


A one sentence of my capstone: A completely functional level 1 and level two of my pixel based side scrolling game, Kit-Run.

A one paragraph description of my capstone: By completely functional level 1 and level 2, I mean that you can open the game from the title screen and play through to the end of level two without noticing that it's unfinished. This means a functional title screen, time limit, score add up, ghost whale, and screen scrolling. dang!

More: I realize this goes against our constant advice from Miles to go for quantity over quality. Maybe I should just push blindly ahead and take Kit Run as far as it will go without stopping to hash out the minor details. Everyone is after all prob very sick of seeing level 1. I'm ignoring all this good sense however.

within the next two weeks I want: a functional level complete event, the beginnings of a health bar so fox can be hurt more than once before dying, a sketch of the level 2 course.

within the next month I want: a functional health bar, some fish, and a full out attack on the screen scrolling

in the time that follows: graphic construction of level 2, completed pond in level 1, and navigation between two levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment